Kimmy, whose blog Making Mondays is a true bright spot on my blog reader, has nominated little ol’ me for a Liebster Award! That is right. You did not fail to read that correctly, I have unlocked a new blogging achievement. Take a moment, bask with me. Okay, now that we have it out of our systems (an award!) let’s talk about what this means for everyone involved. It means the following:
Number One: Kimmy enjoys my blog enough to not only read and comment, but to throw me into this cycle of freshman-blogging recognition.
Number Two: I meet the guidelines for a Liebster Award (>200 followers or up&coming).
Number Three: You get to learn tidbits and fun facts about yours truly.
Number Four: We have a celebratory drink and dance. Honestly, I am really excited about this.
As a stipulation of acceptance, the nominee must:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated them
- Answer ten questions asked by the nominator
- Nominate others (the guideline here is ten, I’m not sure I can conjure so many)
- Create ten questions for nominees to answer
- Notify said nominees
- Acquire an award button
Questions from Kimmy and my responses are as follows:
- Why did you start blogging? I got into blogging because I suffer from severe and chronic over-sharing. Blogging has provided me with a platform for sharing my life with loved ones and strangers alike. My biggest readers are probably my grandmother and my dad; I really love utilizing this medium as away of keeping them up-to-date with my shenanigans.
- Any advice for someone just starting? I don’t know that I’m qualified to answer this. With the sprinkle of experience I have regarding blogging, I would suggest that new bloggers strive for honesty. What I mean is this: blog about what you find meaningful, make it a personal experience.
- Tips on blog photography: Learn how to shoot in Manual mode. Replace whatever current toilet literature you are utilizing with your camera’s manual.
- Best post you’ve written so far: This one. It is a piece on my son turning one-about my first year as a parent.
- What keeps you motivated? If I go too long without a post, I start to hear about it from my grandma. Knowing that there are a few out there who are truly anticipating and looking forward to news on my life is what keeps me writing. Also, it is worth mentioning that if I go too long without purging my life, I get backed up and things get ugly. Share share share.
- How do you relax when you feel overwhelmed? Ujayi breathing has saved me in many stressful moments. Also known as the belly breath, yoga breath. This is helpful when you are just in the trenches of stress. To unwind I enjoy a nice dessert (cookie and milk, bowl of ice cream) and some good netflix. To really treat myself, a bath with Aura Cacia’s Lavender soak. Wine. So much wine.
- Something new you want to learn? How to cook Japanese Ramen Noodles. How to cook a good Tikka Masala. The free-motion setting on my sewing machine. Garment knitting.
- A goal: Open an Etsy shop.
- Something that has inspired you today? Oren. Every day. Today he was super-duper-lovey-dovey-cuddle-puddle-pop. He inspired me to be more tender in hard times. He had a flu shot today and I don’t think he felt well afterwards. He is softening my edges.
- Best thing you’ve actually made yourself? I don’t know that it is fair to have Oren occupy two answers. But, Oren. I made him, with my body. I then used nothing but my body to keep him alive and growing for 6 months before introducing solid foods. I have to give solid food some props, even though he still nurses like a 3-month old. It’s been a total science experiment. But I’m so proud of myself and my family.
I pass the baton on! There is no pressure to carry forward this chain-mail style accolade. But if you are interested, I nominate you!
My ten questions for you bloggers:
One. What was the last thing you ate? Two. What do you love about your blog? Three. What do you not love about your blog? Four. When do you feel most inspired to blog? Five. Which shoe do you put on first, left or right? Six. What every-day object is out to get you? Seven. Coffee or tea? Eight. What single blogging moment has been most satisfying to you? Nine. What is your guilty pleasure? Ten. What does five-year-old you think of grown-up you?